- Hand wash liners with a little bit of dish-soap and water, rinse well.
- Start wearing brace an hour or so per day and slowly progress up since the skin needs to toughen up
- If a blister or skin irritation occurs please contact Ortho Health™
- Brace should fit tightly between the condyles (around the knee)
- If brace is not fitting tightly or slipping down on the leg regularly with walking or activity please contact Ortho Health™
Note: Braces can be adjusted by using padding and/or altering the technique of applying the brace.
- ACL Braces – if the leg continues to give out or feels unstable, return to Ortho Health™ for a brace check.
- OA Unloader Braces – if arthritic pain returns or tolerance for activity begins to decline, return to Ortho Health™. Increased unload can be applied to brace.
We recommend that you read the manufacturer’s instruction on the care and maintenance of your newly purchased brace.
General Use and Care
- During activity, re-tightening may be necessary, re-tighten all straps following steps in the application instruction.
- The brace may be used in fresh or salt water. Following use in water activities, drain thoroughly and rinse with clean, fresh water and then air dry.
- Hand wash the soft liners, condyle pads, and neoprene materials with mild detergent. Air dry only. Do not heat dry liners, pads, or neoprene brace materials.
- Periodically inspect the brace. Check hinge, screws, and soft materials.
We will honour the manufacturer’s warranty. We will have the item repaired or exchanged if repair is not possible. Due to hygienic reasons, the item cannot be refunded.